Class time: 3pm – 6pm
Location: 231 Main St, Billings, MT 59105
Class venue: Country Inn and Suites
This concealed carry class fulfills the training required by the Montana Attorney General to qualify for a Montana Concealed Weapons Permit.
- Class length: 3 hours
- Range time: none
(not required for permit)
What to bring:
- Pre-registration ticket or receipt
- Something to take notes with
- State-issued photo ID
- Do NOT bring weapons or ammunition into the classroom
- You do not need a gun to take this class
Class topics include:
- The safe loading, unloading, storage, and carrying of firearms to be concealed
- Current laws defining lawful self defense, use of force by private citizens, including use of deadly force, transportation, and concealment.
- Pistol operation
- Pistol cartridges and components
- Ammunition malfunctions
- Maintenance and cleaning
- Holster selection / concealment techniques
- Permit valid for: 4 years
- New permit cost: 50* dollars
*5 dollars may be charged for fingerprinting
- Permit renewal fee: 25 dollars
- Minimum age: 18+ years old
- Shall issue to Montana residents only
- Click here for extended FAQ
- Click here to view current permit reciprocity
- Class price does not include the permit application fee.
- Permits are not issued in class – you receive a training certificate at the end of class, which you must submit with your application before you will receive your permit.