Illinois Concealed Carry Classes
This course is designed to satisfy the requirements to obtain a permit to carry concealed in Illinois. The course consists of both classroom work and range work. Students will be required to successfully complete the course and pass a practical range proficiency test. Students must read, write and understand English and be able to follow all of the directions given by the instructor. Course attendees must pass a practical proficiency test on the firing range, scoring no less than 70% with a minimum of 30 rounds, fired at distances of 5 yards, 7 yards, and 10 yards, in addition to the classroom portion, in order to be certified as having completed the course. Upon course completion, for either the eight (8) hour or full (16) hour program, the course attendee will receive a Certificate of Course Completion.
The State of Illinois requires combined firearms training of 16 hours in order for an individual to apply for an Illinois Concealed Carry Permit. Individuals may use up to eight (8) hours of firearms training obtained prior to the effective date of the Firearm Concealed Carry Act as credit towards the 16 hour training requirement.
If you have any of these training classes then you can be given credit toward our Phase 1 course and would only need the Phase 2 which includes the practical range time.
**Please be advised that you may be required to drive up to an hour to get to the shooting range and do the state-required shooting portion of the class.
Phase 1 ($119.95)
- Firearm handling safety rules
- Home/Vehicle/Public Storage of Firearms
Basic Principles of Marksmanship
- Sight Alignment and Picture
- Trigger Control
Care, Cleaning, Loading/Unloading
- Gun Identification
- Ammunition Identification and Selection
- Safety and Cleaning
- Cleaning Equipment
- Loading and Unloading
Phase 2 ($119.95) (Gun rental with ammo additional $25)
PREREGISTRATION REQUIRED. Range fee not included.
State and Federal Laws relating to ownership, storage, carry, and transportation of a firearm
The Illinois Concealed Carry Act
- Reference to 430 ILCS 66/10(h) Instruction on the appropriate and lawful interaction with Law Enforcement while transporting or carrying a concealed firearm.
- Reference on 430 ILCS 66/65 which includes instruction on prohibited areas and the parking lot exception
- The FOID Act 430 ILCS 65/1 et. seq
- Relevant Portions of the ILCS including
- 720 ILCS 5/7-1 Use of force in defense of a person
- 720 ILCS 5/7-2 Use of force in defense of a dwelling
- 720 ILCS 5/7-3 Use of force in defense of other property
- 720 ILCS 24/1 et. seq. Unlawful use of Weapons
- Dry fire practice drills
- Dry fire practice drills from concealment
- Live fire practice drills, handgun fundamentals
Live fire qualification with firearm consisting of a minimum of 30 rounds which must include 10 rounds from a distance of 5 yards; 10 rounds from a distance of 7 yards; 10 rounds from a distance of 10 yards at a B-27 silhouette target approved by the Illinois State Police. The 10.00 minimum Cash range fee is not included in the class price.
**If you need to rent a firearm and ammunition please make sure you select that in your shopping cart for Phase 2. You will not need a firearm for Phase 1
**You don't need to take Phase 1 and Phase 2 concurrently so select the appropriate dates that will work with your schedule.
This is not an NRA approved course