Minnesota Permit to Carry Course Description
This concealed carry class fulfills all training requirements for a Minnesota Permit to Carry.
- Class cost: $99
- Class length: 3 hours
- Range time: yes*
*Range fee varies by location and is not included in class price unless otherwise noted
What to bring:
- Pre-registration ticket or receipt
- Something to take notes with
- State-issued photo ID
- If you own a handgun, you should bring that with 20 rounds of ammunition for the range portion at the end of the class.
- Do NOT bring weapons or ammunition into the classroom; they should remain securely locked in your vehicle until we go to the range.
Class topics include:
- The safe loading, unloading, storage, and carrying of firearms to be concealed
- Current laws defining lawful self defense, use of force by private citizens, including use of deadly force, transportation, and concealment.
- Pistol operation
- Pistol cartridges and components
- Ammunition malfunctions
- Maintenance and cleaning
- Holster selection / concealment techniques
- Permit valid for: 5 years
- New permit cost: varies by county, but not to exceed $100
- Permit renewal fee: not to exceed $75
- Minimum age: 21+ years old
- Minnesota requires you to complete a certification class every time you renew
- Shall issue to both residents and non-residents
- Click here for extended FAQ
- Click here to view current permit reciprocity