Class time: 6pm – 10pm
Location: 999 N 500 W Bountiful, UT, 84010
Class venue: Country Inn & Suites
This concealed carry class fulfills the training required by the Utah Bureau of Criminal Identification (BCI) to qualify for a Utah Concealed Firearm Permit.
- Class length: 4 hours
- Range time: none
(not required for permit)
- BCI-approved course curriculum and instructors
What to bring:
- Pre-registration ticket or receipt
- Something to take notes with
- State-issued photo ID
- Do NOT bring weapons or ammunition into the classroom
- You do not need a gun to take this class
Class topics include:
- The safe loading, unloading, storage, and carrying of firearms to be concealed
- Current laws defining lawful self defense, use of force by private citizens, including use of deadly force, transportation, and concealment.
- Pistol operation
- Pistol cartridges and components
- Ammunition malfunctions
- Maintenance and cleaning
- Holster selection / concealment techniques
- Permit valid for: 5 years
- New permit cost: $57 for residents, $67 for non-residents (new fees effective August 1, 2017)
- Permit renewal fee: $15
- Minimum age: 18+ years old
- Shall issue to both residents and non-residents
- Click here for extended FAQ
- Click here to view current permit reciprocity
- Class price does not include the permit application fee.
- Fingerprints and photo not included; cost for these depends on where you do them. The BCI will do fingerprints for 15 dollars and photo for 15 dollars (30 total).
- Permits are not issued in class – you receive a training certificate at the end of class, which you must submit with your application before you will receive your permit.